How good is pastry... !? Best ever! This is tonight's artful creation. Not much to report. Another week of training and getting things sorted before heading back to work on Oct 1st. Dot points again (I'm in a hurry!).
- Back to work in two weeks. I'm looking forward to it!
- The Puma factory outlet and DFO are best visited during the week. I've got some nice new clothes! Mostly in retro-brown.
- The PowerTap is HERE! I've been using it for a week and its everything I expected. I've had two main hit-outs on it and the data gathered is far beyond what I've been pulling out of the Polar for the last few years. The Polar has its place, but as a wise coach once said in regard to the PT "it has no peer". I'm still yet to do some formal testing to get my 'numbers'.. but I did manage to push out an average of 361 watts up the 1:20 today... not bad considering the wind/Giant bike/ and my current form. I've got lots of room to improve over the next few months, so I can't wait to see how far I can push those numbers.
- The Car Show segment is up on YouTube. Dodgy quality, but you'll get the idea. Someone posted about it on the aus.bicycle forum... its amazing how many bike-hugger-car-haters piped up and had a shot at the show, the host, and anything else. "Bike hippies" I'll call them. They'll spend more time telling the world about how they are happier, healthier, and less of a burden on the health system than car drivers than they will actually riding bikes. Each to their own I guess, but I can't stand being grouped into the 'elitist cyclist' mob when I love driving my car (fast), and I was bumped up the waiting queue at Epworth when I was in more pain than others when I arrived with a broken collar bone caused by.. cycling! 30kms a week commuting on a Huffy wont save the world people! :)
- I have a love of fine tools and well engineered equipment. My Dura-Ace crankset falls into this category. Tool of the week goes to my 15mm PowerBuilt Reversable 2-way gear spanner! The Kitten showed me the way to spanner goodness (Repco Auto place had em, Bunnings didn't!)
- I'm posting less and less on forums these days. There is just too many brain cycles required to keep up and fight on. I'll flick through the topics, read anything interesting, and triple-think adding my 2c. I was originally typing responses then just hitting cancel, now I've progressed to not bothering. The whole Whirlpool situation is interesting. I'm very interested to see how it pans out for them.
- A classic song. Heard in the car, I had to crank it! How hot is that B52's chick?! (just don't wiki her age and current pics!)
*Pie does not include llama, it did have sheep though.. which could pass as a llama without a long neck.