Without doubt my best year on the bike so far. My season is always heavily weighted towards the Sept-Dec races, but there were a few races before this that I enjoyed.
The notable results....
• 2008 Victorian State Time Trial Champion Masters 1.
• Victorian State Team Teams Time Trial – Masters, 2nd place (HCC Team)
• Northern Combine Masters 1 ITT Champion (also fastest time overall).
• Northern Combine Masters M1/M2 Road Champion.
• Eastern Region ITT Championships - Masters 1/2/3 ITT – 1st place.
• Mt Buller (Herald Sun Support race) – 2nd place Masters A grade.
• Pinnacle Series (points based series from Mt William, Mt Hotham, Mt Baw Baw) 1st place Masters 1/2 category.
• Hawthorn Cycling Club Road Champion (Masters & Overall)
• Mt Baw Baw Classic 7th M1/2/3 (1st placed M1)
• Great Doherty Tour – A Grade Open, 7th place GC. 4th on stage 1 1:20 hill climb ITT.
• Tour of Bright – Equal 6th in KOM (3rd over Tawonga Gap, DNF tour after crash).
The two big ones for me are the state Masters 1 ITT champion title and the Northern Combine Masters 1-2 Road tittle, won with a solo attack 30kms from home that stuck!! In '08 I put out power personal bests for every measured interval (30sec,5min,10min,20min,1hr). The season ended with me in a pool of blood and another broken collar bone - but that's racing.
So '09? More kms, more power, less weight! First up being the Australian Masters Games on Feb 26/27th (ITT/RR). I'll also post more blog entries, hopefully containing interesting and bike related things to keep everyone up to date with what I'm up to and what is coming up.