Not a race report, just a bunch of photos and junk from today riding around the Bellarine Peninsula.
|Bells Beach at sunrise. Yes, Keanu Reeves *likes* this.|
|Peppers - The Sands - golf resort in Torquay. All my clothes are stuffed behind the camera.|
|Almost rolling....sun is shining.|
|13th Beach at Barwon Heads. I think? Somewhere there.|
|Portarlington TT course! Love it!|
|The views I never saw in the TT with my head down.|
|Not quite Tour de France sunflowers - but close!|
|Perfect for time trials!|
|St Lennards - Lunch. Not healthy. Still nice.|
|A rare hill. I had to SE it with one hand after choosing the wrong gear, lots of traffic after I took this pic, and not enough free hands. Not fun.|
|Not quite carbo reloading, but I finally gave in to the 40g of Grain Waves. I could have easily smashed a 170g pack, or three.|
|Ice bath.... and how cold was it......?|
|(sorry for the swears mum!)|
|Where I should have eaten dinner.... pizza cravings! Maybe tomorrow.|
|Midweek golfers - No such thing. This place is EMPTY!|
|Post the candy cane incident at the IGA - Back here watching the sunset.|
ok.. now some random crap...
- The lady on reception at The Sands is nice, except for the part about locking me out of the place today after my ride. I also think her make-up is equivalent to SPF 1000, I'll have to complement her on it.... or maybe not!
- Lastminute and Wotif are a waste of time and money. Turning up at the front desk I got a much better rate, so much for the Internets.
- Why do some places have now shower doors/screens? Its not arty, its dangerous! I somehow manage to get water meters away from the designated showering area... and I'm not resorting to wearing Croc's for my own safety.
- It is possible to get badly sunburnt even with a tan. There is a point where cycling tan-lines cross over into the "wtf is wrong with you?" realm. I am there. Needs to be rectified. I should have shouldered up to the dude in 'smugglers on the beach today getting a full body tan (minus the junk)?
- Dropping a few kgs after buying new $$+ jeans isn't ideal. Anyone a size 32 in jeans? Apparently I'm not anymore. Christmas feasting will help.
- The roads around here have nice shoulders, mostly, it is well signed to "Share the Road" with cyclists on the sign. I was given heaps of room by most cars, a lot more than around Melbourne. I don't know if its the signage or open roads?
- Being 'pro' means you don't nod back. I passed some too-cool guy in some euro team kit twice today has he was coming the other way - I got nothing! C'mon buddy we'd both cracked out 2hrs by the second passing, pull your head out of your arse and at least smile.
- Trying to locate the protein bars in a new supermarket is a challenge I enjoy. (Near the kids beach toys in IGA Torquay).