|Photo by Jason Richards|
It doesn't matter what brand of bike you're on, or who you're sponsored by in a TT when the clock is ticking. Just ride hard and keep going.
It is only the people around you that count.
- People who went to the event to ring cow bells and shout.
- The people who took photos and posted them online for everyone to see.
- Competitors sharing 'good lucks' at the start and 'well dones' at the end.
- The officials behind the scenes running the show.
- And if you're lucky enough, your own support people handing you a cold drink when you're warming up, or taking your bike off you at the end when all you want to do is collapse in a heap.
All these people are the event.
Mars and Subaru might be plastered all over the place helping CA fund the event but I still had to buy a bloody full priced Mars Bar... and our Subaru!
The biggest surprise to me was how many people followed the results. The messages I received after the race from both cyclists and non cyclists have all been awesome. Support from the people is something you can't buy.
37km at 47.4km/h was good enough for 10th place at the 2013 CA National TT Championships. Let's go faster next year!