30 minutes is about my time limit on the rollers, watching TV/YouTube/movies while not falling off isn't all that fun and having to keep turning the pedals means no let up. I had a few replies and follows with the Yarra St stuff, in the middle of it all Jono Lovelock made this comment:
24hrs is insanity, the longest I've ridden in the past 6 years is just under 5 1/2 hrs on the road. I'd done a little more in the Around the Bay with Jaywoo back in 2004 which was a lifetime of riding ago. But, Jono got me thinking. I had not ridden until I fell over sideways of exhaustion, I wonder how long it'd take? With no plans for today, six hours on the rollers sounded like something I could knock over or die trying....
I wasn't going to have my PowerTap, head unit, or HR strap die during the session, so they all got new batteries... and some energy for me too.
- In the hurtbox after 35 minutes and I wasn't even cranking it! Long day ahead.
- This was meant to be a technique/recovery ride...
- Got off the bike every hour for a few minutes for food/water.
- Started fighting the pain demons at 55min, 1hr50, 2hr45, 3hr40 - spot the pattern?
- By hour 3 I figured out wearing two pairs of knicks was the way to go.
- I hit the wall (mentally, maybe?) at 4hrs 30mins.
- The last 1hr30 were hell, as you can tell in the WKO graph.
Work: 4428 kJ (real kJ again, and it felt twice as hard as yesterday)
Norm Power: 210 (almost recovery watts, endurance maybe)
Distance: 316.024 km (!!! Not real kms when cranking at 50km/h, but amusing)
Heart Rate: 145 bpm
Cadence: 98 rpm (the final 90 minutes brought this below 100)
Speed: 53.1 kph
- Movie "Tomorrow, When The War Began". Don't bother.
- New TopGear x2, not into the cars, more their production budget!
- Californication new series 4 first two episodes...Fox Mulder and lols.
- Ten News.
- Dr Who Christmas special.
Stumbling around and seeing straight was a challenge once the 6hrs were done, so Jono, I'm no enduro. It'll take a lot more training. Colonel Sanders had the post ride nutrition I was after... the walk there was interesting, way too much sugar/water/high carb food for the afternoon.. then almost falling to sleep on the walk home. Definitely not an enduro.
So tomorrow I hope to do a real recovery ride. I'm roasted!